↑ Return to About SLMASC

Print this Page

Club History

SLMASC – 1948-present


Club History

Formed in 1948 South Lake Maquarie Amateur Sailing Club, then known as Southern Districts Sailing Club,  comprised of 3 or 4 VJ’s from Dora Creek, Silverwater and Nords Wharf. It was decided that the club would sail from Sunshine Point as it was the most central to the three groups. The club slowly moved down the bay towards the current site and in 1958 a clubhouse was built.

View stories by life members and sailors and the full history of this great club by purchasing an Anniversary Book.

Permanent link to this article: http://slmasc.org/about-slmasc/club-history/